Accéder au contenu principal

Don't keep calm, Exams are coming

Exams, the single moment that makes student tremble with fear. this is the time when all the focus is directed towards one thing- revising to succeed. At GGAST it is even more intense. we take our academics seriously. Sometimes, you will find girls sacrificing hours of sleep to master that one topic. I have gone through nine exams period for the past three years, and I can affirm it is not the best of time.
At first, it didn't matter that much. First year+first time = no stress. As the year progressed, things became more serious, I would sleep at midnight and wake up at four in  the morning.

As I started grade 11 (S5), things got even tougher. I felt the need to push harder, so I extended my sleeping time to two a.m, and I would wake up at five a.m. It felt fine then, but after the exams I passed four days sleeping for more than twenty hours per day. The pace slowed down a little as the year progressed, but I still found myself waking up at three a.m in the morning.

You would expect that as I started the last year of high school I would study even more, but I slowed down the pace even more. I started sleeping around eleven p.m and waking up at five a.m. I intensified the revision a little becuse for second term we did external exams. they were quite hard, but I survived.
The last exams prepared by the school were quite funny. I had fallen sick a month earlier, and I was prohibited from to much studying, so I played it cool. I was 30 mn late for the first exam-math. and after that I would sleep at ten pm and wake up for breakfast at seven a.m. And I still got good grades.

Whatever plan you choose to prepare for any coming exams, as long as it is good for your health, go for it. Remember, you will always need some down time after exams.

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Blake 11: a psychiatric hospital review

This one is from a while ago, so some details will be a bit here and there. The first time I was hospitalized for my mental illness, which is also the time I was diagnosed, I was at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH). The story of how I got there is in another blogpost. It was the 28th February 2018. I was sent to MGH for a wellness check. I rode with the MIT EMT. They did my labs and all my minerals and fluids were wack. I had spent almost two months without eating and drinking little water. Even though I got there around 10pm I wasn’t seen by a doctor until 2am.  That was because they were trying to give me fluids so that my levels would get close to normal. They also gave me food. A fruit bar and tuna sandwich.  When I met with the doctor, I broke into tears as one does. I told him the analogy of the tree falling in the forest but life/ death edition. We talked about lots of stuff. At the end of our discussion he told me I have bipolar disorder. I didn’t know what t

AdMITted

It has been three weeks since I received the admission decision. It was on the fifteenth of December at 6:28 pm Eastern time. For those fond of Math you might have noticed that it was at two pi (3.14*2). Due to the time zones, I received the decision at 1:28 a.m. the next day. A month and a half ago, I finalised my application to Massachusetts Institute of Technology- the world leading university in STEM. After multiple essay edits, portfolio creation and video taking I was ready. I can call my application a leap of faith. The acceptance rate was less than eight per cent, and all the people who had applied from my school had not been admitted. I believed in myself though, and the non-restrictive early action application system inspired me. I avoided binding myself too much to the institution, for I did not want a heartache the moment the decision came. On multiple occasions, I build many backup plans and created schools of my dreams despite the fact that my dream school was MIT. I al

My Chronic Illnesses

In the past few weeks, I’ve been thinking a lot about having chronic diseases. What it does to the body and to the mind. I went to see my psychiatrist on account of some symptoms that were resurfacing and it caught me off-guard thinking about it. The culmination of this is a dream I had tonight. I was in a camp like situation and lots of people I knew from different areas of my life were there. On the last day, a friend of mine was not doing well mentally and they asked me to be a sort of counselor for her. I refused because I knew it would be triggering for me, but the person kept insisting. When trying to explain why it was not good for me, how being there for the second time knowing how bad things had gotten since then was triggering enough. And I broke down. Whenever I tell people how I will be on medication until I die, they try to dismiss it. “God will cure you” is the popular one. However, I no longer feel connected to said God and actively distance myself from anything relating