Accéder au contenu principal

No good in good bye

Where's the "good" in goodbye?
Where's the "nice" in nice try?
Where's the "us" in trust gone?
Where's the soul in "soldier​ on"
No good in good bye, the script.

Today, a school mate and friend passed away. She had a heart condition that was diagnosed too late. She was a jolly girl. Despite her difficulty in public speaking, she volunteered to president over the assembly. We laughed at her funny accent often times, and the headmaster wasn't happy with us. He would stand up and praise her courage to make such a step.

I am usually introverted, so​I hadn't tried to know her on a personal basis. However, it did not lessen the pain of losing her in any ways. I cried so hard on that gloomy afternoon. I guess nature felt the loss too. That night we were attacked by some insects and had to eat dinner in classes and outside. With bloodshot eyes, we eat dinner with the weight of loss in our hearts.

She was the second Gashora girl who passed away. The first one, my classmates, had a problem in her brain. She had been sick for almost three months. In the holidays, many of my classmates went to visit her. However, I failed to do that, and it is a weight I shall
always carry with me.

The last day I talked to her was a day before the June ACT. I had found a watch I thought was hers. When I asked her, she gave me a vague reply and I figured she didn't want to talk. That night she did not sleep. The next day, she was rushed to the hospital and that's the last time I saw her.

I heard of her death coming from a competition in South Korea. The plane had just landed, and I connected to the airport WiFi to check WhatsApp messages. Tears flooded my eyes, I couldn't believe that it had happened just like that. I had expected to see her back in school for third term, and worried that she would have a hard time catching up. 

I never had a chance to say a proper good bye to either of them, but what's the good in goodbye?

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Blake 11: a psychiatric hospital review

This one is from a while ago, so some details will be a bit here and there. The first time I was hospitalized for my mental illness, which is also the time I was diagnosed, I was at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH). The story of how I got there is in another blogpost. It was the 28th February 2018. I was sent to MGH for a wellness check. I rode with the MIT EMT. They did my labs and all my minerals and fluids were wack. I had spent almost two months without eating and drinking little water. Even though I got there around 10pm I wasn’t seen by a doctor until 2am.  That was because they were trying to give me fluids so that my levels would get close to normal. They also gave me food. A fruit bar and tuna sandwich.  When I met with the doctor, I broke into tears as one does. I told him the analogy of the tree falling in the forest but life/ death edition. We talked about lots of stuff. At the end of our discussion he told me I have bipolar disorder. I didn’t kn...

A letter to ggast class of 2017

Dear Gashora Girls Academy class of 2017, As I write this, I am in the MIT orientation. Last year at this exact time I was at home, sick. Less than a week earlier, I had a mental breakdown. The next day I was given permission to go home, and this marked the first of many trips I took home that term. I might have had a slightly different experience in the last term, but I believe I can give you some words of wisdom. Senior six (grade 12) was a frightening year for me. I was not a proactive person, and I liked​ to keep things to myself. Selling myself to a college seemed so hard for me. I had to talk to Mr John, our University counselor, do research, standardized tests, and all those things. I didn't know where to start. I was simply confused, so I stopped everything. I started the year with a 31 score in ACT practice, however, it went downhill from there. When I'm overwhelmed with multiple thing to do, I tend to freeze and not do anything at all. So I stopped ACT pract...

À Dieu

Almost a year ago, I started this blog. My first blog, learn from your friend's mistakes, was written after a particularly traumatizing night. I experienced extreme pain in the night of the twenty fifth of August last year. During that night, I realised I had been overworking myself for naught. College did matter, National exams did matter; however my life mattered more. I had no valid reason to neglect my mental and physical well-being. I wanted the whole world to know, most especially my peers, that all these things we sweat for are just vanity and chasing after the wind. I chased after the wind too. I studied too hard and forgot life was not just about academics. It was also about sitting next to my best friends and cracking jokes. It meant going to ask for food in the break time and enjoying that exquisiteness. Life is all about creating memories, making lasting bonds. That is something I learned a little late, but not too late. A few months prior, I had distanced myself from...